Fairly big deal
CONCORD, N.C., – The Cabarrus County Fair will open its gates for the 2015 season on Friday, September 11, and run through Saturday, September 19, at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center, Concord, off Hwy 49.
This year’s theme is Share the Fair and there’s good reason why:
- Have some high-flying fun on the more than 40 rides
- Squeeze in a little family fun by milking a real cow
- Log some time at the live chainsaw artist
- Hoof it to the famous racing pigs
- Gaze your eyes and feed your mouth on ears of delicious locally grown corn
- Bark up some fun with the K9’s Take Flight team
- Mindbend with the Magic of Lance Gifford and Company
- Have a blast watching a live sand sculptor
- Bee-have with the Cabarrus County Beekeepers Association
- And eat deep fried everything…but you don’t really have to share those
Once you’ve checked off your list, take some time to hit the classics. Tour the exhibit hall, create some fun with the kids club activities and compete for prizes. The fair also features local and regional musical acts that represent the ties between our home-grown fair and the heart of our community.
Gate admission to the fair is $7.50 for ages 12-64, $5.35 for ages 65+ and those with military ID, $3.25 for ages 6-11 and ages 5 and younger admitted free. Parking is free. All transactions at the Fair are cash only. ATMs are located at the main gate and throughout the midway, but do carry a surcharge.
2015 Gate Specials (rides not included):
- Saturday, September 12 – Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Free General Gate Admission for all from 1 p.m.-3 p.m., only.
- Sunday, September 13 – Cooperative Christian Ministries Canned Food Drive
Free General Gate Admission for all from 1-3 p.m. with any brand of four canned food items per adult and two canned food items per child.
- Tuesday, September 15 – School Education Night
Receive $1 off General Gate Admission when you show off your school spirit by wearing your favorite grade school to college attire.
- Thursday, September 17 – Salute to Seniors Night
Admission price of $4.30 for seniors ages 65 and older from 4-6 p.m., only. Price includes sales tax.
- Catch the fair for free on Fridays
Present your high school football ticket stub at the gate after the game on Friday, September 11 and 18, only, and get free gate admission for the corresponding evening.
The fair is open on weekdays from 4-11 p.m.; Saturdays from 1-11 p.m.; and Sunday 1-10 p.m.
Cabarrus County Transportation Service (CCTS) provides complimentary parking lot shuttle van service for the satellite parking lots during the weekends. Satellite parking lots are only operational on weekends and CCTS vans run at specified hours.
2015 Shuttle Van Service Schedule:
Saturday, September 12, 12 p.m.-12 a.m.
Sunday, September 13, 12 p.m.-12 a.m.
Friday, September 18, 6 p.m.-12 a.m.
Saturday, September 19, 12 p.m.-12 a.m.
For more information about the fair, including entertainment, tickets or times, visit www.cabarruscountyfair.com.
Like the fair at www.facebook.com/cabarruscountyfair for fair trivia, prizes and updates. If you’re tweeting from the fair, remember to tag @cabarrusfair.